We are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy gives information on the types of processes that may result in data being collected about you.
We collect data in the following ways:
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is Move it or Lose it Ltd, a company registered under Company No. 07320699 whose registered address is PARK VIEW COCKHILL FARM MIDDLETON LANE, MIDDLETON, TAMWORTH, STAFFORDSHIRE B78 2BW
Information we collect about you
We will typically collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, which includes your name, email address, phone number and postal address. If you are purchasing a product from us this will also include a billing address. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our
- Information collected on your Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email (optional), emergency contact and your GP contact. This information is collected by qualified instructors trained in our training programme FABS who are licensees of our brand. The PARQ will also ask for medical information to help determine your readiness to partake in physical activity. The instructor needs to be aware of this should medical attention be required during a class or training session. The information will be kept securely at all
- Data on your performance during classes and training sessions and other information on your health and
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to
- Details of your visits to our Wesbsites and the resources that you
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage
- To store information about customer preferences, and allow us to customise our Websites according to individual interests.
- To speed up customer
- To recognise customers when you return to our Web
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services, including training and
- To gather and analyse Performance Data on your training sessions. Performance Data includes assessment of physical function, cognitive function, and psychosocial Measures used to do so are non-invasive, valid and reliable and are completely optional. This data will help us to monitor your progress and also to evidence the impact we have on health of older people. From time to time we will use this to form an impact report but this customers will remain anonymous or we will ask for prior written consent to use the data in a report.
- To ensure that content from our Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to receive our
- To notify you about changes to our
- To communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and any
- To improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised
Who your information will be shared with
We will NOT contact any third parties with your data without first obtaining your permission except as described below.
We share your information with our licensee trainers including your name and email address only if you are enrolled on a training programme with us.
We will pass your details to the following organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of our providing our services including payment processing, delivery of goods, information processing and industry regulation:
- Yes Response, The Hub, Dovefields, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8HU, who carry out our dispatch services
- The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), SportPark, Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF, who are an awarding body of our training services and issue CPD points to their members
- New Digital Marketing, Haughmond View, Sitka Drive, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6L.
We also use the following systems to store data:
- GoCardless Ltd. Sutton Yard, 65 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7EN, United Kingdom
- HubSpot Inc., European Office, One Dockland Central, Dublin 1, Ireland
- Google Data Centre, Dublin,
- MailChimp, The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308 USA.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or
- If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
On what basis can we use your information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, namely in order for us to provide you with our training services or to supply you with our product(s) for which you have ordered/purchased.
- Where you have provided opt-in consent to marketing materials and we shall only contact you in your specified manner i.e. by email or phone.
- Where you have provided your consent on the PARQ we ask you to complete for us to hold and process data concerning your
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (of those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including the promotion of our products and services and administration of our website.
How long we keep your data for
We will only retain your personal data for up to three years or if longer only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, and to send you newsletters if have opted in to receive them. In the case of your medical PARQ information we are required to keep this information for as long as you are a class member. Your medical information will be deleted on completion or early termination of your training programme.
Security of your data
Your data will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) on secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised. We do not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
Marketing by electronic means
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to and update of your information
You have the right to access information held about you. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to email@example.com
How you can request erasure of your data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How you can withdraw your consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data, such as consent to send you marketing information and to use your medical information. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent.
Should you wish to withdraw consent to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe in the email.
To withdraw consent for us to hold your medical PARQ information, either call us on 0800 612 7785 or speak to your instructor, who will pass your request on to us.
How you can restrict or object to us using your data
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data this may impact on our ability to provide our services. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service.
Transferring your information
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you, for example when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether or not this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
Automated decision making and Profiling
We use profiling of your data to enable us to structure marketing campaigns that are relevant to you, your job role or type of organisation so that we can send you information of interest. You have the right to object to profiling as set out above.
Contact and Complaints
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.